Thursday, March 18, 2010

Join Me For A Spring Equinox Cleansing!

The March equinox will occur on March 20 in 2010, marking the beginning of spring in the northern hemisphere. Day and night are equal, poised and balanced, but about to tip over on the side of light. The spring equinox is sacred to dawn, youth, the morning star and the east. It is a time of rebirth. To me I celebrate the equinox to prepare myself for The resurrection, Easter Sunday. "Christos aneste," "Christ is risen!" and the response "Alethos aneste," "He has really risen!" "If Christ does not rise tomorrow we shall have no harvest this year." So as I notice the blossoms of the flowers, the leaves on the trees, the sprouting of the crops, the mating of birds, the birth of young animals, as I cleanse physically, mentally and spiritually in celebration and giving thanks for awakening my spirit and for giving me the mind frame that as we celebrate our harvest which we planted in the fall, we are assured that life will continue.

On Saturday, March 20th, I will start my week cleanse to prepare me physically by doing a fast. This fast will include fruits and vegetables that will help my body detox from the winter foods so that I can physically change with the season of the Spring! Below I thought that I would share one of the recipes of the vegetables that I will have. If you want to join me with daily recipes of detoxing fruits and vegetables, email me.

On Saturday, March 27th, I will start my week by preparing myself mentally with meditation and prayer and focusing on the awakening and manifestation of my journey. If you would like to join me in daily prayer, email me!

On Good Friday, Christ is crucified, a willing sacrifice. Altars are stripped, candles extinguished to represent the darkness of the grave. But on Easter, light springs from darkness, Christ rises from the tomb.

On Friday, April 2nd after midnight I will be holding a vigil called a Service of the Light at my house as we celebrate by the lighting of candles, prayer and song. E-mail me if you are interested in attending.

Peace and Blessings!
Sheila
shecomp@aol.com





Asparagus!!

"Asparagus is the ultimate detox veggie," says Erin Neistat, RD, the chief clinical dietitian at Ronald Regan UCLA Medical Center. "It's got 3 grams of fiber, which cleanses your digestive system, 288 milligrams of potassium per cup, and virtually no sodium, so no bloating! One cup has only 40 calories and no fat or cholesterol." Asparagus also reduces pain because it is loaded with vitamin K, which suggest it can help with osteoporosis and even osteoarthritis. It has the powerful vitamin foliate which reduces inflammation and the risk of heart disease, so what other reasons do you need to eat asparagus!! Here's a recipe for you to try:

Asparagus Watercress Soup
Serves 4

2 leaks, white part only, sliced thin
1 Shallot, diced
1 tablespoon of butter or (ghee)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound of trimmed asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces, setting aside tips
2/12 cups washed and chopped watercress
1/4 cup heavy cream
Additional salt and fresh pepper, Parmesan, grated for garnish
1. In soup pot, saute leeks and shallots in butter and oil until soft.
2. Add broth, salt and asparagus stems and bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add watercress and simmer for another 3 minutes (until watercress is wilted and asparagus is tender)
4. Stir the soup to blend well, adding heavy cream and salt and pepper.
5.In a small pot, bring a few cups of water to a boil and add asparagus tips and cook until tender.
6. Garnish the soup with tips and Parmesan cheese.
per Serving: 205 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment